CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Noah? Can You Hear Me?

So far in 2008 we've had a blizzard, and earthquake, numerous tornado warnings and now a flood. Yes, a real honest to goodness flood.

We had another round of bad storms roll through this evening. So bad, in fact, that Hubby and I enjoyed our dinner in our unfinished basement (what else can you do when there is a tornado warning during dinner?) We didn't get a tornado (thank goodness...what would happen to all my landscaping?), but we did get a TON of rain. And I mean a ton. As in, on average, 4 inches and hour. As a result of this torrential rain, the creek in front of our house flooded and covered the road.

Here is what the road used to look like:

Here is what it looks like right now.

See the difference?

(And, yes, that is a car in the last photo...he didn't make it far because the road is closed in all directions....wait a minute...that means I am trapped in my house. Anyone have a boat I can borrow?)

3 rambled with me...:

Marci said...

Oh my goodness! At least you are okay! Did the water recede?

Angie said...

Holy Smokes! That's a lot of rain. Hopefully it clears up fast!

Library Lady said...

Long time, no see!

I actually passed by your way around this time...Jason and I got bored and took Ainsley for a little ride. I wanted to show him your house because we were talking about building in a couple of years. When we drove through, the water of course wasn't covering the road but it was close enough that Jason and I gasped. I remember saying, "One more storm and Shannon will be flooded in...."