CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 2, 2008

Landscaping. Ugh.

One of the reasons I haven't blogged regularly is because I have been busy with end of the school year stuff. Lucky for me, Friday was our last day with kids and today is our last work day...and it is only a half day at that. Hooray!

The other reason I have not been blogging has to do with the tiny home improvement project my husband decided we should take on: landascaping.

We have lived here for almost 2 and a half years and we had no landscaping. Sad, I know, but in the grand scheme of everything, it didn't seem that important, so we kept putting it off. Suddenly he decided that this was the year to do it. And he picked Memorial Day weekend to start. Normally I wouldn't care about doing work over Memorial day weekend, but I had lots of things planned for that weekend, so I was a little miffed that we had landscaping. (Okay, so I lied...I had BIG FAT NOTHING planned for that weekend...I just didn't want to landscape).

Hubby started working on the Friday before the long holiday weekend. We worked all day Saturday, all day Sunday and some on Monday (it rained and he golfed.) We still weren't finished. We worked every spare minute we had last week. We still weren't done. We worked Saturday...and we were darn close to being finished. We slept great knowing that we would most likely be finished early Sunday...

That is until Hubby decided he had one more flowerbed he wanted to build...so off we went to Lowe's. And then Natorp's. And then home again we came. He worked on getting the bed ready and by last night, we were finished (for the most part). Sure, we still have more plants to buy, but we look at this as a process...a process that caused us to nearly kill each other at times, but a process nonetheless.
So, enjoy the before and afters. Hopefully I can blog more now that I have a little less dirt under my nails and a little more time on my hands.



4 rambled with me...:

Marci said...

Wow - it looks so beautiful! What a lovely home you have, and all of that land must be so wonderful. After living in an urban setting for so many years, I long for both a nice, big house, and a huge yard.

Congrats on a job well done!

Shan said...

Thanks, Marci. We designed the home ourselves and we built on my family's land, so we got lucky. We love having all the space.

(Nice to see you, by the way...)

Anonymous said...

Looks awesome Shan! We have been working on ours for 3 years...no luck yet.

Shan said...

Thanks, Melissa! Landscaping is such a pain! How are you feeling? Hope you are well.