CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Bloggers Unite!

Those of you who frequent my blog have probably noticed that there was a banner at the top of the page for a while now. Today is the day we have been waiting for--a chance for bloggers everywhere to unite against abuse in all its forms. I am going to make this brief only because I think I can say exactly how I feel about it in a few powerful words.

I have blogged in the past about the woman who left her child in her car. I didn't hide the fact that I felt that was abuse of some sort. Her punishment? Nothing.

A man abused his dog, China, by tying her outside and allowing her collar to grow into her neck. His punishment? None. He got the dog back.

Then there was the kid who, for no reason at all, stomped on and killed an albino python at a festival. His father's response? "That's why I can't take you anywhere." They never found the kid.

I think it all comes down to one thing--value life. If you truly value life, you cannot intentionally or unintentionally cause harm to another living thing. Neglect is abuse. Violence is abuse. And it needs to stop.

we all, as living beings, need to learn to love, value and respect each other. We need to acknowledge that all life is precious and deserves to be treated with respect and dignity. No one has the right to take away another living thing's right to life and security. If we all band together maybe we can do something to stop another person or animal from enduring pain that he should never have to endure.

Please, if you hear something or see something that is abuse, speak out. Protect those that are too scared to protect themselves or those that can't speak out to help themselves. Do that, and we are on the right track. Do that and the violence may end and the respect may start.

2 rambled with me...:

Barb said...

We can only try.. and hope and pray.

Akelamalu said...

Little voices banded together make a LOUD NOISE! Great post.