CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Good Morning!

Now that the snow has ended, we have to start thinking about how in the heck we are going to get out of here. Our driveway is a mess and the road is only one lane (from what I can see, anyway). Most churches (including the big one across the way from me) have cancelled services this morning. In fact, according to the local news website, 509 closings and delays have been sent to them already. Businesses are closed today and my county is under a level two snow emergency (which means if you have to be out for work, you can be, but no joyriding or trips to an open business...you can get a ticket or even arrested.)

Hubby and I have the lovely chore of trying to dig our way out of our house today. My mom and dad shoveled snow three times yesterday and they still have to do it again today. I am supposed to have a training at work tomorrow. We decided that, even if we had a snow day, we would come in. None of us anticipated this, though. I can tell you that I will not risk my life for this training...my job is important to me, but I think I need to value my life a little bit more.

To top it all off, we had nearly three inches of rain last week. Rivers and streams are already near or beyond flood stage. When all of this melts, we could have a world of trouble on our hands. Plus, we have another system coming through tonight that could drop an additional 2 inches by tomorrow afternoon. It's MARCH for Pete's sake!

Loki:
Gizmo:


1 rambled with me...:

Misty DawnS said...

My dad (in Ohio) said that the snow was up to his wolfdog's chest!!! That a LOT of snow!