CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 16, 2008

ORIGINal Negativity

Any of you who read my Favorite Girly Things post know that Origins is one of my new favorite pleasures in life. I love their lotions, their fragrances and my face loves their face care products. My face is softer, less oily, breaks out less and is all around in better shape than it has been in a long time.

When I first went into Origins, all the girls there were super nice. I told one girl what my problems were and she hooked me up with like eight different samples (cleansers, masks, toners, lotions, serums...you name it.) I loved it because their stuff is a little pricy, so I like the fact that I can try things before I shell out the twenty bucks a product. I went back a couple of weeks later and bought an extensive line of products and I have been very happy with it. Unfortunately, with the air being so dry, the toner that worked wonders on my face in the summer months is a little harsh right now, so I am looking to change to something a little less drying and a little more soothing...so I went back to the store to ask some questions. Silly me.

Allow me to explain...

There is a woman who works at the local Origins store that I do not like. The first time I went in there I was looking for their Ginger Rush body lotion. She wrinkled her nose and said "Yeah, that's seasonal and we don't have it." I told her that wasn't a big deal and I would look online for it and I proceeded to buy something from her she asked if I used any of their face care products. When I told her it was all I used, she wrinkled her nose and said "Oh." I was thinking "Oh, what? Oh, please don't tell anyone because your face looks lke crap? Oh, apprantly it isn't working...what?"

In fact, the last couple of times I have gone in to ask questions she has been irritated, short and overall rude and pushy. I don't like that. The last time I went in I explained to this woman everything that was going on with my face. The fact that the toner used to work great but now it is a little harsh, the fact I had researched online and thought this other type of toner may work and I asked her if I could try this other stuff. Here is the conversation that followed:

She wrinkled her nose up and said "Try? As in what?"

I told her I would like a sample to take home with me so that I could try it with my other facecare regiman.

She wrinkled her nose again and said "Well, it's really hard to get samples of toner. There really isn't a good way to do it."

I replied, "I have taken two different samples of toner home before. Can I please get one?"

Her response: "I guess."

She proceeded to get a sample and then said "Do you plan on buying anything today?"

To be honest, I had planned on it, but I was so irritated with her that I decided not to and I took my sample and went home (she didn't even give me a little bag or anything...just the little plastic container that I ended up having to carry through the mall. I looked like I was carrying a urine sample through stores. It was ridiculous.) I am notorious for being super nice to all employees of places because I know what it is like to be working retail...but this woman even tries my patience.

Because she refuses to allows postive interactions, I decided that I would not go in there if she was working. I go in there to browse, to smell, to look, to ask some questions, to (hopefully) buy something, but she is always irritated at browsing, looking and questions. She even does the sigh and eye roll. I don't need that when I am out...but here is where my plan is backfiring--it seems she ALWAYS works! The last three times I have been over that way she has been working. I won't go in there. I want to enjoy my shopping experience and she ruins it.

I don't know who I could write to about her and knowing my luck I would call the store to complain and she would answer. So, until she gains a sunnier disposition, it appears as if online Origins shopping is the way to go for me for awhile.

2 rambled with me...:

Anonymous said...

I hate rude people in stores and I'm notorious for sending emails for really good or really bad service. I would try this first
http://www.origins.com/customerservice/contact_us.tmpl

Typically going to corporate will get people's attention. If you have not heard back in a week try again. I know with Chris' work they have to respond in 24 hours. This usually goes to the biggest boss and trickles all the way to the employee themselves. If this doesn't work call the store directely.

Sorry service sucked there. Why do people have to be so rude?

Shan said...

Thanks for the idea. I was trying to figure out the best avenue for it. Unfortunately, I don't know her name so I wasn't sure what I could do about it. And it sucks that she is the only really rude one. Sure, there are a few unhappy employees (every place has them), but she is just soooo rude.