CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 4, 2008

A Few of My Favorite (Girly) Things...

Anyone who knows me knows that I am not a high maintanance kind of girl. I don't wear a lot of make-up, I don't get "gussied up" often, and I don't care much about latest fashion. I go for simple, easy beauty regimans...and the easier the better. I wanted to share with all of you a few of my favorite things when it comes to beauty products.

First of all, for any of you ladies who have the oily skin problem (I posted about it earlier in the school year), I have found a skin regiman that works. This regiman worked so well that it has actually trained my skin not to be as oily during the day.

1. Origins Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash
2. Origins United State Toner
3. Origins Matte Scientist Lotion

My favorite make-up products are not the expensive kind. Instead, I stick to the basics (and I mean basics--this is the extent of what I wear. If I am going out I may throw on some eyeshadow, but that is rare):

1. Maybelline Full and Soft Mascara in brown (I've tried the Covergirl LashExact and it is okay, but I like this better.)
2. Covergirl Fresh Look Pressed Powder
3. Maybelline ExpertWear eyeliner in chesnut brown
4. Blistex Lip Infusion Moisture Splash (I love this stuff...and it is so inexpensive. It works like a gloss but hydrates like chapstick. It's fantastic!)

I am always on the search for the perfect lotion. Although I love Suave products during the summer because they are lightweight, I need something more heavy-duty in the winter.

1. Origins Ginger Rush Intensely Hydrating Cream (the texture is fantastic and the smell is amazing. It is, hands down, the best lotion I have ever used. It is a bit pricy, but it is worth it. I don't throw my money around lightly, so this stuff is really worth it! Unfortunately, it is only available during the holidays. I linked the gift set...it's good, too.)
2. Burt's Bees Coconut Foot Creme (we all get dry heels. This stuff really gets into them and softens them up. It's great)

My hair is a pain in the butt. It is naturally frizzy/wavy/curly...but not all in one spot, so I have to do a lot with it in regards to getting it to stay down. I also tend to want to pull my hair up by the end of the day because it gets grimy (hazard of fine hair). Oddly enough, I found some relief in a place I would have never thought to look:

1. Head and Shoulders Smooth and Silky Shampoo (I have never had a reason to try this shampoo before, but I saw a commercial with a lady who goes to put her hair up in a ponytail halfway through work only to realize that she didn't need to. That's when I thought, "what the heck...it can't hurt)
2. Head and Shoulders Smooth and Silky Conditioner
3. Pantene Frizz Control Anti-Humidity Hairspray (This works well in the summer months. It doesn't defend as much against the rain as I would like, but it is a good product)
4. Sunsilk Antipoof Creme

And all ladies like to smell nice. Where do I turn? You guessed it...Origins :-)

1. Origins Ginger Essense Intensified Fragrence (great size and price...you can carry it with you, so that helps.)

So, there you have it. Some of Shan's favorite girly things. Hope you enjoyed!

2 rambled with me...:

Library Lady said...

I have to add some of my own:

1. Johnson's Melt Away Stress Body Lotion. After a rough day, a shower followed by this lotion really brings the calm.

2. Dove shampoos and conditioners for lightened hair. Since I use some creative highlighting now to cover the grays I'm getting, this is essential. It's cheaper than salon products but keeps my hair soft and actually brings out the highlights. My stylist always compliments how well my hair does and how little she has to do to keep the highlights up.

3. Retin-A and minocycline. Cause sometimes Proactiv just doesn't kill the adult scne. : )

Marci said...

Wow, Shan - this is a great resource! I have GOT to try some of these products. I have used Origins on and off over the years, but I really should try them again. I am quite devoted to Bath and Body Works and Burt's Bees. But, I am never happy unless I have myriad options for each step of my shower ritual, so there is always room for more. Take care!