CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 31, 2008

This Just In...

Today I am going to talk about Brittany Spears. Why? Because it seems that everyone else is talking about her and I don't want to be left out.

Honestly, though, I am so tired of hearing her name on television. It's like every time she looks crossed-eyed at someone we have to know about it.

The whole situation is sad and so very new... she was such a "sweet, inoocent" star and she has gone terribly wrong...wait. That's not new at all. That happens ALL THE TIME! Stars go wrong all the time. They get help (or not) and we all move on with our lives.

But what really fired me up was that my local news station did "breaking news" this morning. The breaking news? That Brittany Spears was rushed to the hospital again last night because she is a danger to herself and others.

Really? That's the best breaking news you've got? We have troops fighting in war, millions of people in poverty, wildfires in Texas, the Presidential race...and all they can come up with is Brittany Spears?

Honestly. What has happened to the United States that a has been pop star takes more air time than Presidential hopefuls?

3 rambled with me...:

Marci said...

Amen, sister. You are so right. I am always so annoyed when the media discuss the way that paparazzi harass her, and yet - they are right there, harassing her as well! They wouldn't have had those shots of her in the ambulance unless the "real" news crews were there, too. Oy! What a tragic tale. I wonder how it will turn out...

Library Lady said...

Welcome back!

Barb said...

I am always disturbed when celebrity news make it into the top news stories of the day.