CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The Two Hour Delay

Well, winter is back. Very winter, in fact. It was only 30 yesterday and they are saying 31 today. And it will be only 19 on Saturday. We have had snow for the last couple of days, but not enough to really be what the weather guys would call a "significant event." It has been enough, though, to make the roads a little dicey, so we were all sure we would have an hour delay or be closed today.

Instead, we get a 2 hour delay.

Let me tell you why I think that is the dumbest thing EVER.

1. That means that our classes will be (at most) 20 minutes long today...except 4th period which will last for 2 hours because it is the lunch block. It is impossible to get ANYTHING done in 18 minutes...much less get anything done with 30 teenagers who are pissed off about not having a snow day in 18 minutes. And fourth period will feel like it goes on FOR-EV-ER.

2. We have 5 snow days worked into our calendar this year. we have never had that before--and they used to call us off for every flake it seemed, making our school year longer. This year the county is found of these two hour delays...have had two 2 hour delays and one day off. Go ahead and close it if you think it is bad enough to have a two hour delay.

I know that those of you who go to work in bad weather hate the fact that I am even entertaining the notion of complaining, but trust me...if you tried to function on this schedule, you would see why it gets a little crazy and weird. The kids were all convinced we would be off today (I didn't think we would be, but, at this point, I wish they would just call it already) and that makes for a fun filled day.

Until next time...

2 rambled with me...:

Jojo a. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shan said...

Yep. We are going five extra days (apparently). Don't ask me how it works because I have no idea. I just do what they tell me :-)