CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 26, 2007

My Frustration Today

I have been relatively calm ever since I started taking yoga. I have realized that nothing is really worth stressing over because it will all work itself out. I find that I am less tired, less stressed and less negative overall and I like that about myself...and I like the fact that I can carry that with me...most of the time.

But today I am frustrated because I am tired of working so hard while others at my job half ass it...and get the same amount (if not more) money than I do.

Here is what set me off today.

I was looking through my rosters at school and noticed that a girl was missing. So I looked her up on our school wide computer system and she was marked as a withdrawal. I was frustrated because she has two our our English textbooks (at about $75 each) and I didn't sign any withdraw papers. Between classes I ran to the restroom and who was there but the girl that has been withdrawn. I thought this was strange so I emailed our counseling department. Their answer? They withdrew the wrong student.

Excuse me? How do you do that? Especially when they students' names aren't even the same? Sure, their last names were, but their first names weren't...so how in the HELL do you do that? This means that I have to go back (when they re-enter her into our system) and put in all of her grades again...about 30 or so of them. That will take forever.

I am tempted to hand the hard copy of my grade book to the counselors and let them re-enter all her grades.

But they would probably give them to the wrong student...

with a totally different name.

5 rambled with me...:

Angie said...

Dont'cha just hate stupid people. That kind of mistake is totally inexcusable.

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's a little bit of a screw up! I'm with you on letting the counselors enter the grades. It's not your fault they screwed up!!

SMLP said...

That's terrible! Why are people so stupid sometimes?

Jane said...

I understand the frustration, I get that all the time with my superiors at work. Being the fall out person sucks, especially when you're working harder than most of them.

I can't wait to go solo.

Shan said...

I'm glad you all see this the same way that I do! I thought I was being unreasonable expecting someone to do their job the right way.

The student was re-entered yesterday, and due to some miracle, all of her grades are still there!