CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Happy Friggin' Halloween...

When I was a kids, I loved Halloween--what kid wouldn't? You got to play dress-up, stay up passed your bedtime and go around getting free candy. It was amazing. My grandma used to make all my costumes for me, so I always had something original...and amazing. I was a gypsy one year, The Greatest American Hero another, a saloon girl, a bride, and various other nifty things. I loved it--I would want to wear my costume all the time and I thought it was great.

But now, for me, Halloween has lost it's fun.

TJ and I went to a Halloween party last night. These people went all out--they decorated more for Halloween than I do for Christmas. It was cool, don't get me wrong--they had their walls covered, their bathroom was a morgue, they had dry ice and smoke machines...the works. It was obvious that they put a lot of time and effort into this (hell, they had the animated life-size creepy butler from the Adam's Family...and she said that was their Sweetest Day present to each other...they really like Halloween).

The invitation said that everyone dresses up in their best costumes...and, based on what I saw last night, they do. I literally groaned when I saw that on the invitation, though--first of all, I hate dressing up. Second of all, Halloween costumes are expensive--I rarely pay $50.00 on actual clothes...why would I pay that for something that I will never wear again? Last, but not least...have you SEEN costumes for women at the stores? Most of them make us look like we charge by the hour. Honestly--Playboy has a line of costumes out now...what says "trick-or-treat" better than the lonely milk maid?

But, the invitation said I had to have a costume...

...So, I bought a cat mask for $3.99.

7 rambled with me...:

Misty DawnS said...

Wow, it sounds like it would have been awesome to be there, just to see the decorations!

Shan said...

The decorations were amazing...it was like a haunted house, really. I don't even want to think about how much money went into it!

Jojo a. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shan said...

I agree, jojo...I take Christmas seriously (I love to decorate), but I never really got into Halloween.

And I think I would have freaked out if I had seen that house!

Angie said...

I actually saw a segment on CNN the other day about halloween costumes being to ummm....trashy.

Sadly I doubt the costume designers will do anything about it.

Angie said...

I actually saw a segment on CNN the other day about halloween costumes being to ummm....trashy.

Sadly I doubt the costume designers will do anything about it.

Angie said...

I actually saw a segment on CNN the other day about halloween costumes being to ummm....trashy.

Sadly I doubt the costume designers will do anything about it.