CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 7, 2007

Just My Luck--AMMENDED!

Earlier this month I posted about luck and how I had the world's worst luck when it came to buying things that I wanted (because it was always out of stock or gone or never really existed). I was hit with that luck again last night.

Staples is running a great deal on a BEAUTIFUL L-shaped computer desk. Tons of work space (I grade a lot of papers at home, so this was a plus), lots of storage, a built in file drawer, sturdy construction, the works. The deal? Buy the desk and get the hutch for free. I was so excited.

I spent the week looking at it, measuring my office (it's not a huge room), looking to see how things could fit (the desk is huge--71 inches long and over 5 feet tall, to be exact) because I wanted to make sure that I didn't buy it, put it together and realize it wouldn't work in the space and have to take it all back down again. (I did that with an office chair recently--I'll tell you about THAT sometime).

Finally, last night, I log onto Staples' website because I knew this desk would work. I figured out how to reconfigure my office, how to best situate the hutch, and I even decided I was going to paint the room while I was at it. I had my credit card out, clicked the item and what do you know...

The hutch was sold out. Out of stock. Vanished. Gone.

Are you kidding me?

TJ told me it wasn't my luck that did it...it was the fact it was such a good deal and so many people took advantage of it. I'd believe him if this were the first time it happened...but it isn't, so it's my bad shopping karma (if there is there such a thing as "shopping karma") or something.

Whatever it is, I can only hope that my Staples has it...but I'm not going to hold my breath...I'll turn blue :-)

UPDATE: My super fantastic husband went to Staples this morning and ordered my desk for me! It will be here Monday! Looks like what I lack in shopping karma I make up for in husband karma!

8 rambled with me...:

Barb said...

Please don't turn blue. I never was a big fan of the Smurfs. :)

Marci said...

YAY for husband karma. I love it! Sounds like it all worked out well - you'll have to share pictures soon :)

PS - Thanks keeping me and my family in your thoughts since my dad's illness. There is some good news and some bad news. Nevertheless, all the prayers mean a lot to me.

Misty DawnS said...

You lucky, lucky girl! I want a corner/L-shaped desk SO BAD!!! I've been trying in vain to find one that we can afford. My office is SO small, so an L-shaped desk would be perfect. I had one picked out on eBay - and right when I was ready to order it, Hubby got this 'great idea' that he would put together an old entertainment center and rearrange my office and I "wouldn't need to spend money on a new desk". Well, it's been a couple months now, and the office is still a mess - only difference is that it now has an entertainment center sitting in the middle of it! You lucky, lucky girl!

Shan said...

Marci--I stopped by your blog...you did indeed have some good news. I am very happy for you!

misty-I have a corner desk now, but it is one I have had forever and it was time to update and make the room look more grown-up, I guess. I hope that you get yours soon.

Angie said...

Sounds like the same kind of luck I have.

That was so sweet of your hubby for ordering the desk for her. He gets a gold star for today!

Shan said...

He does get a gold star--he totally surprised me...

So, Skittles, you will be happy to know that I don't have to end up looking like a Smurf :-)

Barb said...

YAY!!!!

Shan said...

:-(

Looks that I may be sending the desk back anyway. As I looked at the picture online again today, if I switch desks I am going to lose a tremendous amount of storage space...I lose nearly 5 shelves/compartments. I am heading to staples to look at in in person, though.

Shucks. I guess I didn't think about that. Still, hubby gets big gold star for being so super!