CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Heads or Tails Tuesday!

Today Skittles has challenged her Heads or Tails participants to use keys as their topic. It seems that people everywhere have always been fascinated with the idea of keys. As proof of that, enjoy this collection of quotes that I found--all dealing with, mentioning or commenting on all types of keys...

Enjoy!

The key to your universe is that you can choose. --Frederick (Carl) Frieseke

Music is the key to the female heart.-- Johann G. Seume

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.-- P. J. O'Rourke

Death is the golden key that opens the palace of eternity.-- John Milton

The key to a healthy marriage is to keep your eyes wide open before you wed and half-closed thereafter.-- Benjamin Franklin

The search for the perfect venture can turn into procrastination. Your idea may or may not have merit. The key is to get started.-- Source Unknown

Love is the master key that opens the gates of happiness.-- Oliver Wendell Holmes

Patience is the key to contentment.-- Mohammed

To find out what one is fitted to do, and to secure an opportunity to do it, is the key to happiness.-- John Dewey

Memories are the key not to the past, but to the future.-- Corrie Ten Boom

Besides pride, loyalty, discipline, heart, and mind, confidence is the key to all the locks.-- Joe Paterno

I just wish my mouth had a backspace key.-- Source Unknown

Questions provide the key to unlocking our unlimited potential.-- Anthony Robbins

To everyone is given the key to heaven; the same key opens the gates of hell.-- Ancient Proverb

When you have read the Bible, you will know it is the word of God, because you have found it the key to your own heart, your own happiness and your own duty.-- Woodrow Wilson

Learning why one great book is just like every other great book is the key to understanding literature-- John Moschitta

Forgiveness is the key to happiness.-- Source Unknown

What if at a key moment in the game . . . oops! my bosoms come flyin' out?-- A League of Their Own

Poetry is the key to the hieroglyphics of nature.-- David Hare

A golden key can open any door. -- English 16th Century

You will find the key to success under the alarm clock.-- Benjamin Franklin

A man who is of sound mind is one who keeps the inner madman under lock and key.-- Paul Valdry

Honesty is the key to a relationship. If you can fake that, you're in.-- Richard Jeni

Educated risks are the key to success.-- William Olsten

The key to faith is what we are willing to sacrifice to obtain it.-- Elder Cloward

One important key to success is self-confidence. An important key to self-confidence is preparation.-- Arthur Ashe

The key to why things change is the key to everything.-- James E. Burke

The key to understanding others is to first understand yourself-- Source Unknown

I think the key is for women not to set any limits.-- Martina Navratilova

It is always the minorities that hold the key of progress.-- Raymond B. Fosdick

Experience is the key to greatness.-- Arthur Williams

If I could remember your name, I'd ask you where I left my keys.-- Bumper Sticker

Friendship is to have the latchkey of another's mind.-- Edgar Godospeed

Within each storm of life is hidden a key that will unlock another door that you were meant to walk through.-- Steve Brunkhorst

7 rambled with me...:

Shelby said...

loved these quotes on keys :)

Shan said...

Thanks! I thought some of them were funny. I love the one from League of Their Own

Siani said...

That's an impressive list of key quotes. I especially like "I just wish my mouth had a backspace key". It should become my own personal anthem! Have a great week.

Rambler said...

I liked the backspace quote a lot :)

Misty DawnS said...

I LOVE the quotes! Although, my grandfather told my husband that the key to his being happy in marriage required knowing two words "Yes, Dear" ;-)

Barb said...

Wow Shan! What a lot of work you put into this.

All of them were good, but there were a few that I should take to heart.

Andree said...

you did a really original post here. I especially enjoyed the PJ O'Rourke!