CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 20, 2007

Why?

I just found out today that the people who live three doors down from us have leased part of their land to a cell phone company--giving them permission to erect a 120 foot cell tower in their backyard. Why does that bother me? Because we moved out here because it was the "country." We were away from streetlights, electric lines, everything...and now, when I look out my back window instead of seeing trees, field and blue sky I am going to see a hideous 120 foot tall cell phone tower. They didn't think about what it would do to the rest of us--we will also be affected. We got the news via certified letter today. What a great way to start the week.

And I can tell you: if there are annoying flashing lights on that thing because of the airport, they will never hear the end of it.

So much for quiet country living.

5 rambled with me...:

Angie said...

We've got a few towers around us that look like trees. Maybe you'll be lucky enough to get one of those.

Shan said...

I sure hope so. The thought of looking at a nasty metal monster is not very appealing.

I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Barb said...

Oh no! There was no hearing or anything????

Anonymous said...

Why would someone what that huge thing in their backyard?

I feel bad for you, we live next to a school field, and half our block petitioned against no lights. It worked, too bad you had no choice here.

Shan said...

skittles: Nope--nothing. I am heading to my mom and dad's (they live next door to me) to read their letter here in a bit--I want to see if we are really out of luck.

andrew: you are lucky. If they put flashing lights on that thing I will be so angry. It's right outside my bedroom window.

I'll have to post a picture of teh view I have now--I think everyone will agree it is fine the way it is.