CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Heads or Tails Tuesday!

It's another installment of Skittles' Heads or Tails Tuesday! And today the lovely lady called tails...our task this week: list ways that luck has played a role in your life...

Luck.

Funny how one word can be both good and bad, isn't it? Since Luck is the topic of the day I feel it is only fair to look at both sides--after all, you can't have one without the other, right?

Let's start with the bad (since good things are worth waiting for).

  1. I am notorious for liking some product (be it food, haircare, face care...whatever) and having it suddenly vanish from store shelves forever (does anyone remember Cookies and Cream Drumsticks? Those were amazing--and they vanished.) This never happens to my husband...ever.
  2. I am also notorious for having TV shows I like go off the air in the middle of a season (most recently The Nine, Daybreak, and Pirate Master). In a stroke of semi-good luck, The Ninecame back on a few weeks ago--but it's been so long since I saw it that I am totally lost (sob).
  3. If there is a severe weather/breaking news alert, they will always interrupt in the most important part of a show that I am watching. Although there are many people saying "Oh, come on...this happens to me all the time" let me elaborate: A few weeks ago I wanted to watch the finale of The Next Best Thing and there was a house fire about 20 miles north of us...so they broke into the show to let us know. They broke in three times in a half hour...and told all the same stuff. After the show was over, we changed channels and were watching something stupid--no interruptions. Then, something came on that interested me, so I said "Oh, I think I will like this." As soon as the words came out of my mouth, here comes the interruption. TJ couldn't believe it...
  4. The Cell Phone Tower. Enough said.

Now, on to the good...

  1. I met my husband in a grocery superstore store. Cliche, right? He was working for bigg's and I was working at the Gold Star Chili in the store. (I was 16 at the time). I am a habitual hair brusher (I don't know why), and, for some reason, I left my brush at home so I went and bought a new one--and went through TJ's line. So, I guess it was luck that I forgot my brush that day...I went back later that night for other stuff and ended up with a date. :-)
  2. Since I was only 16 when TJ and I met, it didn't work out the way either of us thought and he moved to Indianapolis. Four years later I was cruising the Internet and somehow stumbled upon his email address...I emailed him, but he deleted it since he didn't know who the screen name belonged to. It just so happened that I was online at the same time that I saw he had deleted..and I sent him and instant message calling him a jerk for deleting my email. When he figured out who it was, he apologized profusely and we've been together ever since. I always thought it was strange that we were online at the same time...
  3. TJ was never a dog person, but he finally gave in and said we could have a dog BUT it had to be a Shiba Inu (which, at the time, was a very rare breed)...I always figured that he was partially thinking we would never find one. Instead, we went to the paper that day and found a breeder and had Gizmo 24 hours later. We never saw another ad for Shiba Inus in the paper again--until two years later when we talked about getting a second one--and there was an ad...and we got Loki.

You can have the luck o' the Irish or dumb luck...good luck or bad luck...but, in all honesty, all luck comes into your life for a reason...whether you see it at the time or not.

4 rambled with me...:

Barb said...

The bad luck examples happen a lot, don't they? And oh noooo.. the President's on TV! lol!

That is cool about finding your dogs! :) I'm not sure I know what that breed looks like..

Shan said...

Check my post on June 16...I posted a picture of them there. They know they're cute--and that is a dangerous thing :-)

I'm glad the bad luck stuff happens to other people, too...

Marci said...

I love that you focused on both sides of luck - I should have done that, too (especially since I feel stuck in a "bad luck" phase right now). Today was my first "Heads or Tails" Tuesday. What a fun project!

Anyway, I really enjoyed your post. Take care!!

Shan said...

Thanks, Marci! I know what it's like to feel that your luck is all bad...and suddenly, one day, everything will change!