CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Keep Me in Your Thoughts, Please

Hello all. It has been a rough couple of days in Rambling Shan Land.

Last night my mom told me that my dad was in the hospital. He had been feeling poorly for some time and finally went to the hospital. They ran some tests and admitted him, saying he had diverticulitis. He was supposed to be in for 24 hours and go home. I found out this morning that they wanted to keep him for another day to run more tests. When I just talked to my mom, she said now they are thinking of keeping him through the weekend. I don't know why...they say it's for more tests.

Then, as I talked to Mom, she also informed my that my dad's dad died this morning. He had been in a nursing home for over a year and it is a blessing, but I worry that my dad feels guilty that he didn't get to visit him yesterday (he always saw him on Wednesdays). So, it is all crazy here. My grandpa and I weren't actually close, but he's family, so it's still hard.

I am still going to yoga tonight (something to distract me for the next couple of hours) and TJ is in Florida until Saturday, so I am feeling a bit out of sorts. I may not post for awhile (or maybe I will--it will help with the distraction).

Thanks, fellow bloggers.

4 rambled with me...:

Marci said...

Oh my goodness - Shan, I am so sorry to hear about your dad's health, and about the loss of your grandfather. I hope your father has a complete and speedy recovery. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. If there is anything that I can do to help, please let me know.

Misty DawnS said...

I definitely have you and your family in my thoughts, my heart, and my prayers!

Barb said...

Sending warm thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Shan said...

Thanks, ladies. As we all talked about it today, it has become clear how much of a blessing this really was. I still just worry about how my dad will handle it as time passes.

And, as an update, my dad is home and well, so that is good.