CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 3, 2007

Ick.

To borrow a phrase from my blogging and work buddy The Cranky Librarian, this was the...

Shortest. Summer. Ever.

Yep, that's right folks--Shan is officially off vacation. Today is my first official day back and then I have meetings all next week (not to mention a super day of freshman orientation when 200 clueless kids come into the building and we have to make them feel at home) and then the rest of the happy teens race back with joy and rapture on August 14th (*snort*).

I have honestly never had to go back to work (or even college) this early! My mom still has three blissful weeks of sleeping in and relaxing on her back deck. AND...she gets out before we do! How fair is that?

Well, I am off to finish my morning cup of coffee (which doesn't taste near as good at 7:30 as it does at 9:30 for some reason) and then I am off to the place where everybody knows my name...

Enjoy your day (and have some enjoyment for me--I may be lacking later this evening).

5 rambled with me...:

Angie said...

We go back to school on Sept. 6th. I'm so bored I'm going out of my mind.

I need something to do. I'm used to spending my entire day at school working in the lunch room or volunteering for something. I feel like I accomplish something there! I am so sick of sitting at home all day!

(i can't believe I'm saying this) I need to go back to school!

Barb said...

Have you ever seen that commercial for an office supply company? It's for Back To School, but the music playing is "Most Wonderful Time Of The Year" and a parent is skipping through the store buying school supplies, with a couple kids trudging behind. It always gave me a laugh!

Speaking of you being a teacher.. I've given you an award over at my blog. :)

Shan said...

aj: Sept. 6th? WOW--I had no idea schools still started that late.

skittles: I love that commercial, but I hate the fact that it means summer is coming to an end. I love my job, but summers are soooo nice. And...another award? For me? Thanks so much!

Unknown said...

You work at Cheers?

(;

Shan said...

omni: HILARIOUS! I was wondering if anyone would say anything about that.

I wish it were as fun as Cheer's...and that people greeted me with such enthusiasm as Norm, but, alas, it isn't that way. :-)