CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 17, 2007

Friday's Feast!

I'm playing once again...here goes:

Appetizer
Describe your laundry routine. Do you have a certain day when you do it all, or do you just wash whatever you need for the next day?

Honestly, I hate laundry--I wait until I have almost not underwear left and then I decide it's time to do it. (laugh if you must, but it's true--it is also why i own LOTS of underwear) :-) I also take forever to put clothes away (I have a basket that has been sitting for three days now...)

Soup
In your opinion, what age will you be when you’ll consider yourself to truly be old?

When I stop being carded at the liquor store. Or I could operate under my brother's old philosophy...99 isn't old, but when you hit 100, that's old.

Salad
What is one of your goals? Is it short-term, long-term, or both?

To make it through today--the first week of work and getting up early is always the hardest, so I think this short term goal is fitting.

Main Course
Name something unbelievable you’ve seen or read lately.

I am reading a book on chakras and I am finding out why my husband is so competitive--it is because he has an unbalanced third chakra. (For those who care, mine is perfectly balanced) :-)

Oh, and Skittles' dream post was also pretty amazing (really, it was...)

Dessert
On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being highest, how happy are you today?

I will give it a 7. I am not happy about being up this early, but I am happy that it is Friday. I am also happy because I had yoga class last night and I slept great (I always sleep great after yoga). In fact, I was in bed at 9:30!

8 rambled with me...:

Angie said...

Happy Friday!

I have a couple books about chakras. Interesting stuff, if I might add.

Barb said...

Hmm.. I'll ask. What is chakra?

Ya know.. I have never been carded. Never. Not once. *Sniffles*

I'm with you on the laundry thing.

Anonymous said...

What's carded?

Luckily I don't have to do laundry, that's my Mom's job. I do make my bed /clean dishes though.

Shan said...

aj: Thanks for the Friday wishes--today went well and I am glad it's the weekend.

Skittles: A Chakra is an energy center in your body--many believe we all have them even if we don't know what they are or what they do...there are 7 and they are are located on different areas down the spine. Each controls /influences certain aspects of your life. It really is interesting to read about.

Andrew: being carded is an older person's dream :-)

Anonymous said...

We are exactly the same when it comes to laundry. Chris get mad because he doesn't have as much underwear as I do..haha :) Email me more info on chakras...sounds really interesting and that maybe why Chris is competitive too.

Shan said...

nicole: lol about the laundry. I despise it so...

I will gladly emil you some links about chakras. It is some serioulsy fascinating stuff.

Marci said...

I absolutely LOVE learning about chakras. Whenever I learn something new, I am totally amazed because it makes perfect sense. I seem to have a lot of issues with the one that falls right on your stomach (doesn't it have to do with power, maternal energy, etc.?). Can't wait to hear more!!

Shan said...

marci: you are right--the third chakra (in the solar plexis) has everything to do with power.

I think I will devote a whole post to this one day. I am reading a fascinating book about it...when I finish, I think I will post what I learned.