CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 28, 2007

How Embarrassing!

Last night TJ and I decided to go out to dinner. We went to Cheddar's and, as always, had to wait (which is no big deal since Cheddar's is totally worth the wait). So, as we waited for our table we sat at the bar. Both TJ and I just wanted water, so we sat, enjoyed our water and waited for our table. The bar was getting rather crowded, and the guy next to me had scooted even closer in order to allow someone to get into a seat next to him.

When our name was called to go to our table, I stood up, grabbed my sweating water glass and tried to maneuver my way from between my stool and his. I had nearly made it when the scene suddenly switched to slow motion (I swear it did)...and the glass slipped out of my hand...and crashed to the floor...shattering and sending glass everywhere...and soaking the guy who was sitting next to me.

I was mortified...everyone within ear-shot was staring, pointing and laughing. I apologized profusely to the guy who was now wearing my water, and he just stared at me like "how dare you?" Like I did it on purpose or something. (I'm sure it didn't make him any happier to see that no water got on TJ or I)...To add to this embarrassing moment, the bartender had to be a real ass about it and say (loudly and quit sarcastically) "Uh, that doesn't go there."

No shit, Sherlock--what gave you your first clue?

4 rambled with me...:

Anonymous said...

Oh my... I would have died on the spot! I'm so sorry! Sounds really awful... Did you stay there or did you leave? I wouldn't be able to eat with all the tension. Hope the rest of the day went well!

Shan said...

We actually stayed (like I said--Cheddar's is worth it), but I felt like everyone was looking at me the whole time...I have never been so mortified! I hate drawing attention to myself as it is, and this was horrible.

The rest of the day was fine, thanks! (and dinner was good, too)

Anonymous said...

As a person working in a restaraunt I'm here to tell you that guests spill or break something daily. We even have people set their linens on fire (from the candle) on a regular basis. I'm sure that about 3 min after everything was cleaned up no one even remembered it. If they were busy enough that you had to wait there were too many things going on in their brain to remember for long. The guy with the wet clothes is probably the only one who remembers and at least it was water and not a martini or something pink :)

Shan said...

That's exactly what I said! At least it was water...I had thought about having wine at the bar but changed my mind--he should be happy :-)