CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 19, 2007

Pet Food Scare

I can't believe how big this pet food recall is. As a dog owner, I was freaked out. Luckily we don't feed our dogs anything that is on the list (thank God). Unfortunately, though, others have not been so lucky. I watched teh news tonight and they did a big story on it and interviewed pet owners who lost their dogs as a result of all of this. I am wondering what will happen to the companies? I mean, a recall is all well and good, but what about the pets who have already ingested this food? What happens to them? I know that vets are going to be slammed with concerned pet owners, but what do they do if their dog is affected? Just wait it out and watch them die? Spend thousands of dollars on treatment? This should never have happened. Some people may think that just because they are dogs it doesn't matter. For some people it matters more. I know if this were my dog or cat, I would be suing the pants off someone. I also know that wouldn't really make me feel any better because I would have lost my pet.

Here is the really horrible thing: my dad thinks he has been feed their cat some of the recalled food. So, I am rushing off here to take him this list so that we can find out if we should worry r not.

Please, check your pet food and keep an eye on your pets. For a complete listing of recalled foods, please click here. I hope none of you are affected by this, but you can never be too careful when it comes to your pet.

1 rambled with me...:

Library Lady said...

This recall was so scary. For many of us, our pets are like our furry children. It's good to hear your babies weren't hurt.