CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Saturday Special...#1

I have decided to try a couple of new memes...so, this week I am playing The Saturday Special. All you have to do it answer four questions each Saturday.

This week the general topic of the questions is remembering childhood...here goes.

~Remembering Childhood~

1. As a child I loved to play?: Anything that allowed me to get dirty. I grew up with a brother and all boys on my street, so I had to adapt if I wanted to play. I wasn't a "girly" girl at all. I played sports, played in dirt, rode my bike, buried stuff in the yard, played with Hot Wheels...I was a tomboy for sure.

2. As a child I wanted to grow up to be...?: A veterinarian. I realized after working with a vet and watching her put a horse down that I just couldn't do that with my life. I became a teacher instead. I have no regrets. In fact, I am grateful to the vet for showing my the truth.

3. As a child my favorite thing to eat was...?: Spaghetti. It was what I always had my mom fix for my birthday dinner. I still love it. Italian food (in general) is my weakness!

4. As a child my favorite relative was...?: My Uncle Bill and my Aunt Taniya. (they are a pair...I couldn't split them up). They are from California so I never saw them. When I did, we had so much fun. As I grew up, my grandma became more special to me, but my aunt and uncle hold the top "childhood relative" spot.

Want to play? Visit The Saturday Special now!

4 rambled with me...:

Anonymous said...

Nice to meet you. I played with boys in my neighborhood a lot so I guess I was a tomboy too. I did SS too.

Unknown said...

I've recently had a talk with one of my girls who wanted to become a midwife.
I think she should know the good and the bad of the job.

Welcome to saturday special!!

My answers can be found here:

Laane on the World

Have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

I came by thru' Blog Catalog. Yes, I was a tomboy as well when I was growing up. Can't remember playing with dolls and such but I did remember playing soccer. :)
By the way, I have just created a new meme called Love Q if it interests you. You are more than welcomed to join in.

Marci said...

What a fun meme! I will definitely have to try it sometime soon. I grew up playing with the boys on my street, and I have (fond?) memories of making icky mud pies with them all the time. Take care!