CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Thursday Thirteen



13 Reasons I am Totally Over Winter

  1. Snow--don't get me wrong, I love the occasional snow day, but we have had 3 (and if it does what they say it is going to do, it will be 4) snow days in the last 8 days. That makes it hard to get things done with students.
  2. Ice--see number 1.
  3. Static electricty--my hair is flying in a million directions with no desire to stay down anytime soon.
  4. The Writer's Strike--I usually look forward to winter television, but I have been so disappointed. All of my favorite shows vanished.
  5. Innacurate weather forcasts--okay, so this happens all the time, but it bothers me more in winter. Summer and spring mistakes usually don't result in 4 inches of snow.
  6. Crazy grocery store shoppers--it never fails...predict a measly amount of snow and people around here go shopping like they are goingto get snowed in for a month. This especially stinks if your monthly grocery trip coincides with the crazy shoppers.
  7. That "blah" feeling--winter always gets me down and we have been cloudier than usual...making me sleepier than usual. Even yoga can't get me out of the funk.
  8. No good sports--sorry, but when football ends, I am done with sports. All I can do is wait until Fall.
  9. Potholes--I swear I almost lost my car in one last week. And why do we have them? See numbers 1 and 2.
  10. Wind chills--this has been one of the coldest winters that I remember. Our average tempertaure right now should be in the low 40's and we haven't gotten out of the 20's all week. This morning's windcill? -1. I know for some people that's nothing, but for us (at this time of year) it is frigid.
  11. Early sunsets--I am ready for light until 8:00 again. I must admit that it is staying light longer, but it still isn't what I want. I crave sunlight.
  12. Pale skin--arg. I know that tanning is bad for you, but I do it anyway (not as much as I used to, but I do it.) I want my legs to be skirt worthy again, and right now I wouldn't even think about showing them...and don't get me started on the bathing suits in stores...I can't even think about it.
  13. Did I mention the snow? and the ice?--I thought I did.

    Bring on spring!

2 rambled with me...:

Marci said...

Hi! I had the same thought this morning - was the forecast going to be correct this time? And, for the first time all winter, it was - we have six inches of snow outside. I decided to have a snow day (figured it is the safer choice right now). Hope you are having a good day, and that you are inside staying nice and warm :)

Bloggers said...

I am also so over winter. My legs are so white!!

my 13 is HERE