CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Not So Wordless Wednesday :-)

Today is our first snow day of the year. Although I usually very much enjoy the surprise day off, I am a little miffed this morning. For a few reasons.

1. We have Christmas (oops, I mean WINTER) break in two weeks--which means we have plenty of time off here soon.

2. I am already out tomorrow for a professional development--which means I won't see my students until Friday.

3. I took off Monday for some much needed sanity time--it's what I like to call the "mental health" day. if I had known that we would be off today I would have saved the sick day.

4. They waited until 6:43 to call us off this morning. Why does that upset me? Because I was already on my way to work. I take all back roads so I couldn't wait any longer. TJ called me and told me to turn around. They had been calling for it to get worse throughout the morning so I don't understand why they didn't delay us early and then switch it to a closure if needed. I know a bunch of people were on their way to work already.

5. I wasted a very good hair day :-) (That's such a girly thing to say...)

3 rambled with me...:

SMLP said...

You rock...you know why? Your kick-ass penguin icons.

Shan said...

Thanks! I have a thing about penguins...and this time of year is perfect for them :-)

Misty DawnS said...

I hope you enjoyed your day off anyway!