CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 8, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #5


Thirteen Reasons I Haven't Posted in A While...

1. I turned thirty last week and I slipped into a bit of a "farewell 20's" depression.

2. Last Tuesday (the 30th) was parent/teacher night at school. I was there for over 14 hours, so I didn't feel like posting (although I miss Heads or Tails!)

3. I went out shopping with my mom on Wednesday and we didn't get home until late.

4. Thursday I tried to post in the morning but Blogger was being glitchy so I lost the whole thing.

5. Friday was my birthday, and I did post (but nothing groundbreaking), but I was too depressed about being 30 to post much more.

6. Saturday I was recovering from the shock of my fabulous husband surprising me with Green Bay Packers tickets (yes, you read that right--he got me tickets to see the Packers at Lambeau!)

7. Sunday I was recovering from my surprise birthday party that my husband and all my family and friends conspired to throw for me.

8. Monday I spent a lot of time cleaning my house and thinking about blogging.

9. Tuesday I was sick. I sat around all day and watched random movies (like The Sandlot and Big Daddy).

10. Yesterday I was going to do Wordless Wednesday in the morning but TJ needed me to take him to work in the morning because he was leaving on a trip. I didn't even have time to log on to my computer!

11. Last night I actually had to grade some papers. I am so far behind (because I did nothing last weekend).

12. My brain has actually not had any big cohesive thoughts in a few days--I think I am still reeling from the tickets, the party and the big 3-0.

13. I'm lame.

14 rambled with me...:

Anonymous said...

You are totally lame. I've been checking everyday for a post about your party and this is all I get. Hope you feel better. I had a great time at your party...my head was a little mad at me the next day but that happens sometimes :)

Raggedy said...

You are not lame!
Happy Birthday!
I hope you feel better soon!
My TT is posted.
Have a wonderful day!
Happy TT'ing!
*^_^
(=':'=)
(")_ (")Š
Raggedy

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday..hope u had fun..!!

Unknown said...

Wow! Thirteen reasons on why you didn't blog! I only need one, but thats a selfish reason. (;

Shan said...

well, nicole, I am getting to it :-) I just want to be able to devote the time it deserves. I have much to say.

raggedy--I am lame, really, for not posting about the super party yet, but thanks. I'll stop by to see your TT later.

Thanks, wolfie--I had a great time!

omni--I haven't posted in so long I figured one excuse wouldn't be enough.

Anonymous said...

Happy belated Birthday!

How many intestines did your hubby have to sell to get those tickets? ;)

If you want some more *oh-god-I'm-old* feeling, stop by at my TT and check out my fav 90's music!

Happy TT!

Greets Julia

Anonymous said...

Nice Thursday post! I love Thursdays because Earl, the Office, Greys Anatomy, and ER are all on! That means no laundry after 7:30! I have posted my thursday blog come on over and visit!

DEB

Marci said...

Oh my goodness, you have been busy, emotionally and physically. I am sending you strength and comfort.

Along those lines, congratulations - I am launching a new award, and I am giving one to you! Come on by and pick it up. Thanks for being a Wonderful Woman of the Web.

Jane said...

Happy 30th! Although it might not be what you want to hear. I'll get there in 2 year and I'm not happy about it.

Then there's the 40 margin... I'm not helping am I...

Happy 30th once again.

Siani said...

I think we all go through periods where blogging ends up taking a back seat. Happy TT!

Misty DawnS said...

Sorry I'm late with this - but Happy Happy 30th birthday!

Anonymous said...

Oh my! How happy I would be to be thirty again!

SMLP said...

Hi, happy birthday!

Heard about you from Marci...we're fellow award winners :-)

My G-d, 30 is a kick-ass age! I turned 30 back in August and I'm not old -- and neither are you!

Enjoy, bask in it.

(I watched "Big Daddy" on Tuesday night too...it's cool ;-))

Shan said...

Thanks to all who have made me feel better about 30 :-) Actually, it really isn't too bad...everyone tells me I don't look close to 30, so I'll take their word for it.

And marci, thanks for the award! I will have it up and pass it (and the community blogger) award on tonight or tomorrow.

Nice to meet you, sarene! I will pop by and visit you as well. If marci likes you, you must be great!