CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 4, 2007

Thursday Thirteen!

Today's Thursday Thirteen is brought to you courtesy of the upcoming creepy Halloween "season"

My Top 13 Stephen King Books (in no particluar order)

1. The Dark Half
2. The Shining
3. The Stand
4. The Green Mile
5. Gerald's Game
6. Misery
7. It
8. Lisey's Story
9. Pet Semetary
10. Everything's Eventual
11. Insomnia
12. Carrie
13. Needful Things

Until next time!

14 rambled with me...:

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

My TT is up.
http://alasandra2003.blogspot.com/

I tried reading #9 Pet Cementary, but I couldn't get into. Although I love John Saul, I have never been able to get into Stephen King.

SandyCarlson said...

Great TT. This guy scares the pants off me. Even the thought of him gives me shivers. He is a prolific writer.

My post is at:

http://slcthoughts.blogspot.com

jenn said...

I read the first few chapters of Lisey's Story and couldn't get into it. What about Cell?
Happy TT!

Bloggers said...

My fave was Thinner. I also loved IT>

My 13 is up on

Working at Home Mom

Anonymous said...

Happy TT. I love Stephen King. I think "The Stand" is my favorite.

Starchy said...

Great list. I love Stephen King. One of my favorites is actually... On Writing. He's actually a funny, funny guy!

Shan said...

alasandra: I am the opposite. I can't really get into John Saul...not for lack of trying, though.

sandy: The Shining actually kept me up one night. The scene with the wasps nest gives my cold chills.

jenn: Lisey's story starts off slowly, but picks up. I was worried it wouldn't. I enjoyed Cell, too.

bloggers: Thinner is good...I ran out of space (unless I wanted to make a Thursday Fourteen) :-)

diz: The Stand is an amazing concept...and a great story!

starchy: I do love On Writing. I used it in my class a few times to show how to elaborate, etc.

Thanks to all who have stopped by so far. I will make my TT rounds later this evening (I have work that I should be doing) :-)

Angie said...

I've read them all but my favorite Stephen King books would be the Gunslinger series.

Anonymous said...

I loved him way back in the day...his day and my day, that is, when he first started out. After awhile he started writing stories that annoyed/grossed me out (Dream Catcher being a good example). I LOVED his short stories such as "The Jaunt" though. I don't think there's any doubt that he is the great writer of horror fiction.

That being said, my favorite is his mate, Peter Straub.

Shan said...

aj: That's the one thing I cant get into. I did not like that series. I don't know why.

damozel: He isn't for everyone all the time. He has written a few that I can't stand (or couldn't get through)...From a Buick 8 was one of them. I still can't get through it!

Anonymous said...

I like most of those but Salems Lot is my fave

Shan said...

nicholas, that is also a fantastic novel. I could have listed a lot more, but I had to choose 13. (It was like picking your favorite kids...so unfair!)

Misty DawnS said...

Gosh, I wish I would have known you when I got rid of my Stephen King collection!

By the way, we have a little store called "Needful Things" out here near me - I can't help but giggle every time we pass it.

Marci said...

I have read most of his stuff, too - I tend to enjoy his short stories the most (especially Nightmares and Dreamscapes). However, there was nothing like the sense of accomplishment after finishing The Stand - oy!