CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 14, 2007

My Hiatus

Those of you who stop by on a regular basis may have noticed I haven't posted since Wednesday. I have many reasons for that, so I thought I would share with you...

A couple of weeks ago I had two major student crises to take care of. Both had okay outcomes, but I was stressed out for days. Stressed out to the point that even yoga wasn't calming me down, so I couldn't even think of anything to write about...

We reached the end of our first quarter at school which means all of our grades are due. So silly me collected 150 book reviews last Thursday and they have to be graded. They are not fun to grade nor are they quick to grade, so much of my spare time has been spent doing that.

In addition, we are on "fall break" (which is why we started so early this year...to get this lovely fall break...although my mom had Friday and Monday off, too, and they started a week after us...go figure). I have been trying to relax and regroup after the first quarter of work, so I have been catching up on some shows that I taped (Pushing Daisies, America's Next Top Model, and CSI). I have also been playing Tiger Woods '08 for X-Box 360 (I can't golf in real life, so I golf there...and I am pretty good at it.) TJ and I have also been spending some time together and my mom and I have been indulging in some shopping therapy :-)

Yesterday, I got up early and graded papers for about three hours, did some yoga, trimmed the dog's nails, and gave them baths. Around midnight TJ and I were playing Tiger Woods and I got a stabbing pain in my left chest when I breathed. It came on so sudden that it freaked me out. I figured it was just one of those things (we all have had them happen--you breath, you get a pain, you breath in real deep and it goes away). This one didn't go away, so at 12:30 this morning TJ and I were on our way to the ER.

We got there and had to wait (of course), and I finally got called back. I waited for the doctor, told him my symptoms and he said he thought it was a collapsed lung and that we needed to pray for a clear chest x-ray. Collapsed lung? That didn't sound good, so I started to freak out. And we waited...for 30 minutes to get the x-ray. The doctor came back, said it came out clean, and started trying to figure out what else it could be. He said it could be a blood clot, so he was going to order more tests. I was hooked up to a heart monitor and, and the thought of blood tests, I must have panicked because my heart-rate skyrocketed...which led him to ask if I was anxious about something. Duh...you want to stick needles in me and you think I have a blood clot...of course I am anxious!

So they ran more tests...and they all come back clean. He said he things it is skeletal muscular and sent me home...it was 4 in the morning by this time, and I was exhausted (partially because they gave me a sedative or something while I was there). Now I am on ibruprofin for the pain and I am supposed to wait it out a few days to see if it goes away. If it doesn't back to the doctor I go.

This is not exactly how I wanted to spend my fall break. I had plans of relaxation and getting some work ready for Tuesday. Now it looks like I have a whole lot of nothing planned. Maybe I'll catch up on blog visits and blog posting...who knows.

Right now I am heading back to my couch and my football game. I will swing by later to vist all of you. Have a great Sunday!

2 rambled with me...:

Angie said...

Oh my goodness! Are you feeling any better now? Maybe you shouldn't be watching football because it could be too stressful. (I'm joking)

Take it easy and keep us updated.

Marci said...

Oh, dear! I am so sorry to hear about this. I truly hope you feel better, and that you get the rest and recuperation time that you need. I'll be thinking of you :)