CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Dear Cable Company...

My husband and I have had some serious problems with our cable lately--and much of it is due to incompetence on the side of the customer service people (one woman tried to tell my dad that TNT just wasn't broadcasting at 3:00 in the afternoon) and techs that keep coming to our house (we have had like 5 service calls in three weeks--they all say they have fixed the problem...riiiiight).

Anyway, our HD channels were so bad tonight we couldn't watch any of them, so we called again...and they said (again) they had to send a tech out to fix the problem they swear they have fixed five times. After that, I was so fired up I sent the following email (I have left out the company name in an effort to be slightly nice):

Over the last three weeks my husband and I have experienced severe technical problems with our digital cable. We have had numerous service calls (much to our inconvenience). The first call was during the day and we were told that, since our problem only happened at night there was nothing he could do. He said that he would put a note on our account and as soon as we had the problem we were to call and someone would be out right away. The next day we called at 9:00 in the evening because we were having the problem and we were told no one could come out and we had to schedule another service call for Friday, July 13. First, this is not what we were told by the first tech. Secondly, my husband clearly told them that the call had to be in the evening since that was when the problem occurred.

At 2:00 on the 13th, a call came in from your company saying that a technician was on the way. I informed the caller (again) that coming during the day would do no good since our problem only occurred in the evening. They rescheduled (again) for Wednesday, July 18th between 5-8.

The tech arrived, we were having the problem, and he could find nothing wrong with the cable in the house. A tech was sent out the following morning to check the lines into the house and it was found that we had a bad line and that it would be replaced. We were happy that our problem was going to be fixed. We were wrong to jump to such conclusions.

This evening (July 22) my husband and I sat down to watch our HD channels (which we pay extra for) and found that the majority of them were cutting in and out so badly that there was no way to watch them. We called, once again, and were told that the line was fixed and we had to schedule yet another service call for Tuesday night.

This is, by far, the worst service I have ever had from your company. Our problem has not been fixed, we have endured numerous phone calls and service calls that have yielded no results and we cannot watch the channels that we are paying you for. I am taking the time today to write this to you to let you know of our extreme displeasure with your digital cable service. I am hoping that this situation is resolved after this next (inconvenient) service call. There is no reason that a problem should occur for this long--especially since your company prides itself on keeping its customers happy. Thank you.


I just had to share this with people who may actually read it since (based on track record) I don't think our cable company has a brain cell to share amongst them, so silly me to think anyone can actually read this damn letter.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I am off to watch some more grainy, jumpy, unwatchable television that is apparently in my imagination since, according to my super fantastic cable people, my cable has been fixed.

3 rambled with me...:

Barb said...

I read it! We've had service problems too with our provider but nothing compared to what you're going through.

Did you send it to the home office? I always go right to the top. :) I also added the link to my blog post where I was telling people about bad service. LOL

Barb said...

Me again! I've given you an award. Drop by to pick it up. :)

Anonymous said...

Genial dispatch and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you on your information.