CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 16, 2007

My Movie Heaven

I have had a serious case of blogger's block lately--I can't seem to find anything witty or wonderful or even close to thought provoking to say, so it looks like I will stick to easy subjects until my thoughts regroup.

Today's no-brainer: movies I can watch over and over again--AKA: Shan's Movie Heaven! (Thanks, Marci, for mentioning Dirty Dancing and Grease last night--it made me think of this.) I am a movie junkie, so this list is extensive (and I probably have left some out because my brain refuses to function)

In no particular order:

Moulin Rouge, Harry Potter, Star Wars (the original Trilogy--I don't like the new ones), Dirty Dancing, Grease, Reign Over Me, City of Angels, Secondhand Lions, Gone With the Wind, Pan's Labyrinth, Aladdin, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Finding Nemo, Toy Story (can you tell I like Disney), The Sixth Sense, The Village, The Green Mile, Strictly Ballroom, Steel Magnolias, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Beaches, Space Balls, Office Space, Happy Gilmore, The Rocky movies (except five--it was bad), Life is Beautiful, National Treasure, The Man in the Iron Mask, Psycho (the original--Hitchcock was a genius), Rear Window, Twister, With Honors, The Lion King, Rain Man, The Truman Show, The Wizard of Oz, Rope, The Sound of Music, Chicago, Jurassic Park, Mighty Joe Young, The Producers, West Side Story, Bring it On, Gladiator, Rudy, Life of Brian, My Cousin Vinny, Pirates of the Caribbean (I am dying to see the third, but have't yet), Ghostbusters, Pretty Woman, My Best Friend's Wedding, Legally Blonde, The Mummy, Troy, Knight's Tale, Dead Poets' Society...and many more (they will come to me later, you watch...)

So, what about you? What movies make up your movie heaven?

11 rambled with me...:

Library Lady said...

I share a lot of your favorites. Here are some of mine, in no particular order:
Star Wars IV--VI, the Lord of the Rings trilogy, Gone With the Wind, Wizard of Oz, To Kill a Mockingbird, Silence of the Lambs, The Sixth Sense, Halloween (I like my scary movies), Toy Story 2 (the "When Somebody Loved Me" scene gets me bawling every time), The Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles, The Trumam Show, Liar Liar (two extremes of Jim Carrey there), Tommy Boy, E.T., Pulp Fiction, Dirty Dancing, Chicago ("He had it coming!"), Meet the Parents, American Pie, the Harry Potter movies (so much fun to see in the theater!)

There are more, but this is the best my travel-weary brain can do.

Off to Wikipedia to complete my "tag" assignment.

Shan said...

Ug--how could I forget E.T? That is a classic.

Glad you made it back okay--sorry to tag you while you were gone, but I had to tag five and you were the first I thought of. Can't wait to read about your trip!

Barb said...

From your list: The Village, The Green Mile, The Rocky Movies (the 2nd was the best), Rear Window, The Truman Show, Sound Of Music (I always wanted to run around a gazebo singing 16 Going on 17), and most definitely A KNIGHT'S TALE!

Adding: The Fifth Element, Die Hard, Funny Girl, My Fair Lady, Shenandoah, and now my brain is dead. If you revisit this idea, I probably will, too. :)

Shan said...

The Fifth Element is one that never really grew on me--I thought it was okay.

I can't believe I found someone else who loves A Knight's Tale! Most people I have talked to didn't care fo it (or The Village, for that matter).

Jojo a. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angie said...

Ferris Bullers Day Off, How to Lose a Guy in 10 days, Ten Thing I Hate About You and Hello Dolly.

I like almost every one of your picks.

Shan said...

jojo: I also love Mrs. Doubtfire. Robin williams is great in that movie! And The Man in The Iron Mask is a new addition to my list--I just recently saw it and loved it. DiCaprio is good in both roles.

aj: 10 Things I Hate About You should have been on my original list--I do love it. I think Heath Ledger is fantastic. (Hence why A Knight's Tale is on my list).

Anonymous said...

The list is good although I hated Star Wars, what a waste of money I think.

My list is similar to Jojo A.'s list: Goodfellas, The Butterfly Effect, Godfather 1,2,3, Fight Club, and hell yea to all the James Bond.

And the rest: Bringing down the house, The Oceans Movies, Training Day, Man on Fire, Once Upon a Time in Mexico, Psycho, The Birds (Hitchcock is a miracle worker), Freaks, Any Football Movie, Leaving Las Vegas, Bad Old Horror Movies, and the list goes on.

Shan said...

Jake: I agree that Hitchcock is amazing. I was lucky enough to take a three week summer course as an undergrad where we studied his films. It was the best course I took, I think because it was so different and there was so much to learn about him. Rope is one of his lesser known pieces, but it is brilliant! I would have never seen it if it weren't for that class.

Anonymous said...

What about Love Stinks? You introduced me to that one

Shan said...

Agreed--Love Stinks is a great movie--it is one that will make you laugh every time :-)