CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 1, 2007

The Blahs

Today was not a good day. Every last thing got on my nerves and I am just cranky (Cranky Librarian I am taking your adjective for the night--just call me Cranky Shan).

We are two days away from finishing the school year. Normally that would make me jump for joy, but, for some reason I am just "ick" about it. Am I looking forward to not having to get up at 5 am? Sure. Am I glad that some of the shithead kids are going to vanish from my room and never return? Amen. But, I have to go back to work starting July 26th (for site based training) and August 3rd (for department day) and August 6th (for more professional development), August 7th and 8th (for freshman academy stuff) and August 9th (for test score stuff). So, technically, I get less than a month and a half off. To most people that is a lifetime off, but, when you are used to getting out in June and not going back until the end of August, this sucks big time.

Some people would call me a whiner for this (namely TJ who would kill for two months off), but THIS BLOWS.

I am also cranky because I am lonely today. TJ went out with my brother (and he does that often on Friday nights). Normally I don't mind, but, for some reason, today I am lonely. I have also been trying to call one of my best friends for the last couple of days and sent her numerous emails but she isn't returning my calls or emails--so now I am wondering if I did something to piss her off. She is probably just busy and I am probably just paranoid, but I can't be sure.

Plus the fact my computer died and I am hunchback over my laptop right now does not help my mood any.

Cranky Shan.

That has a nice ring to it. I think I will go to Blockbuster, get the saddest damn movie I can, get a bottle of wine and curl up on the couch and have a good cry. Maybe that will help. Maybe a hit over the head with a rubber mallet would help. Maybe not having an "alternative calendar" nest school year would help. Who knows.

Hopefully I won't be cranky tomorrow. This mood seriously conflicts with the new centered life I am tyring to lead.

Until later...

0 rambled with me...: