CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

My Worst Nightmare (continued)

Well, readers--it looks like a computer funeral is in the works at Rambling Shan's house. TJ tried to load my hard drive into his computer last night to see if he could recover any files. After about 20 minutes the computer told him that the drive was not formatted (computer speak for: you're SCREWED).

So, he called a data recovery service. They said they would be happy to try to get files off my hard drive--I would just need to send them a $100 deposit and then (depending on the amount of information they could recover) the final charge would be between $800-$2400. Considering that is more than I paid for my computer, I said no thanks, and then proceeded to have a mini breakdown at the thought of losing all of our digital wedding pictures and such.

Husband to the rescue! TJ did find all of our wedding pictures, pictures of the dogs, family, and our vacations on an old hard drive from my old computer. He also said there are some documents on there as well, so I will be weeding through those tonight. Looks like super heroes don't always have to wear capes. Thanks, babe!

I just spent the last hour and a half downloading documents from my graduate portfolio onto my computer here at work so I at least have some of those major assignments. I have an email into the university to see if they have the rest of my stuff on their server somewhere. I am waiting on them to see what they have to say.

TJ says I will most likely need two new hard drives and a copy of Windows XP. Just what I wanted to spend $250 on--software that I didn't know I even needed. So long digital camera (that was going to be a graduation present to myself)--hello new computer crap. I can't wait.

I guess I have learned my lesson. I also didn't realize how much I was on my computer until I couldn't be on it last night. Weird how something can become such a part of your routine, you know? Maybe it is a blessing in disguise...I may see that in a few years, but, for now, this is just a pain in the ass thing that I need to have fixed.

Yoga will be so great tomorrow--hopefully I can meditate all this stress away and thing happy thoughts about my computer again.

Until then, I am disconnected from cyber space at home. I may have to break down and hook up the laptop tonight--I hate to think of how many emails are waiting for me. Until I can access again, have a great day!

0 rambled with me...: