CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 27, 2007

The Prestige

TJ and I saw this movie last night. All I can say is "wow." I really enjoyed it. It was about two magicians in turn of the century London who always were trying to outdo the other (sometimes with disastrous results). It was told sort of in three parts at once--past (twice) and present. It was one of those that you try to piece together the whole time and, when you do, your like "Oh my God...is this really happening?" I finally got it with like 10 minutes to go--and I was floored. I don't know if I breathed or blinked for the last part at all. Really--just when I thought I had it all something else came up. It was well written film and Hugh Jackman and Christian Bale were amazing. Let's not forget Michael Caine and a small role by David Bowie (yes, that David Bowie--I didn't even recognize him).

Although TJ didn't like it as much as I did I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a mystery type movie. Be prepared to devote all your attention to it, though--if you miss one minute you miss a lot. If you haven't seen it yet--what are you waiting for? Go, now, to Blockbuster to get it! :-)

If you have seen it, write your review here and let me know what you think. Don't spoil the ending for those who haven't see it, though...it would ruin the experience.

Enjoy what's left of your long weekend.

0 rambled with me...: