CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Husbands

I have not blogged all week! Honestly, I just lost track of time (and lost myself in an AMAZING book called Red...maybe I will ramble about that at a later date). I honestly didn't think it had been that long since I signed on, but it had. (Not that it really matters anyway--no one really reads this but me) :-)

To the topic at hand: husbands. Specifically mine.

TJ was going golfing today. No big deal--I don't mind Saturdays to myself. This means I can have coffee in peace, read a book, clean the house if I want, do laundry (shudder)...basically, do whatever I damn well please. I love days like that. Days when you don't have to worry if your husband is going to come up with something that has to be done right then and there. So, needless to say, I was happy and content and looking forward to a lazy, "on Shannon's schedule" day. Ha!

I was peacefully sleeping at 6:20 this morning when suddenly I heard a horrendous noise...TJ had set our security system off. And that sucker is loud, let me tell you. I sat straight up in bed like "What the hell?" He looks at me kind of sheepishly and says "I forgot about the motion detector...sorry." I groaned and rolled over to go back to sleep. At 6:25, the light in the bedroom comes on. Again, I was like "what the hell?" He then asked me if what he was wearing would be okay for the day. I mumbled a "yes" and rolled over again. At 6:30, he turns the bathroom light on and heads into the closet. He gets out like five hats and starts trying to decided which to wear. He asks me "which one?" At this point, I didn't care--I told him to pick one because they all serve the same function: they keep the sun off your head. At 6:33, he decides to leave to get coffee at McDonalds. Now, I know that Bud is coming at 6:40 to get him, so I know how all of this is going to turn out. At 6:38, just as I am almost back to sleep, the phone rings--it's Bud and he is in our driveway. I proceed to tell him that TJ is getting coffee and he will be back. At that point I gave up...and now (as you can see by the time stamp) I am up.

Moral of the story:

When TJ's up...everyone's up!

0 rambled with me...: