CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 9, 2007

A-Chooooo!

I never had allergies growing up. I love Spring...the beginning of warm weather, the new tree growth, the flowers, everything. Then I turned 25 and all hell broke loose. I started sneezing, my eyes watered and were itchy all the time and I was miserable. Everyone was asking if it was allergies, and I responded "no, of course not" (because I had never had the problem before). One day I was sitting in the office at work and someone asked me that same question, and I once again responded that I didn't have allergies. He said "I didn't get mine until I was 25." It was like a light went on in my head. I immediately called the doctor, made an appointment and, what do you know, he said I had spring allergies--specifically trees. Great. Just great.

So, I have been ready for the little buggers each year since, but this year they snuck up on me and they are horrible. I was hoping that the cold snap would take care of them, but, as I sit here squinting through one good eye and one watery, itchy, swollen one, I realize that the cold snap did nothing for my allergies--instead it just made me cold. I can't wait until they trees are done doing their thing so I can go back to doing my thing--being outside.

0 rambled with me...: