CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 15, 2007

I Swear, Noah is Coming...

Here in Kentucky it has rained for (no joke) five straight days. It started on Saturday and didn't stop until Thursday afternoon. It was actually 67 degrees on Tuesday. 67 degrees in Kentucky in December is outrageous. But by Wednesday we were in the low 40'2 and today we are in the low 30's (with snow, freezing rain and sleet--it's super fantastic)

As I sit here and realized that I am probably stuck inside for a couple of days, I realize that is probably a good thing. I really don't need to be out in the weather, but we all know that Christmas is coming and I haven't finished shopping yet. That is unusual for me--I am usually finished way early and am relaxed about the season by now, but this year I am behind. Partially because I wasn't going shopping in the torrential downpours we have had the last five days...nothing is more miserable than shopping wet.

So, I am in for the day...possible the weekend.

And the pretty snow we had this morning has switched over to icky cold rain.

So I am going to patiently wait for the rain and snow to subside so I can go out again...

...or maybe I'll ask Noah for a ride when he comes by...I think we'll be boarding two by two here shortly.

Have a great Saturday.

6 rambled with me...:

Marci said...

Oy vey! I was wondering how you were doing out there. The biggest story on the news has been the weather in your area. Stay dry and warm, and I wish you luck. I'll be thinking of you :)

Shan said...

Thanks. Luckily we haven't had all the ice that the midwest has...we've just had lots of rain.
I would hate to be in the areas that have lost power for like 10 days. I don't know what we would do!

SMLP said...

I need my loved ones to read your blog to see what REAL bad weather is like. I know too many people who they just hear that a storm is coming and they hunker down for a week...and then the storm winds up not even being that bad!

Jojo a. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jane said...

That's what I call bad weather. I guess you'll have time to catch up on some reading or.. have you thought of online shopping? It saves tons of time.

Todd Camplin said...

I am soooo excited, because I will be in Kentucky next week!