CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Heads or Tails Tuesday!

Once again it is time for Skittles' weekly meme. Today's topic? Stack (or stacks). Prepare yourself for complete randomness today...

Right now I would love a stack of pancakes (preferably my mom's or Perkin's potato ones) and I would not turn down a stack of money (I have a stack of student loans and a stack of utility bills that would benefit from the stack of money).

I often wonder about who thought of the Oreo Cookie stacking contest. I used to stack my cookies all the time before I ate them. If I had known that that stacking talent could have won me something (like that stack of money), I would have continued to randomly stack my cookies.

Every three or four years our area plays host to the Tall Stacks Festival. This is where all the huge paddle/steam boats (that have large smoke stacks) come to the Cincinnati area and you can tour the boats, listen to music and all kinds of stuff. I went there once as a kid, and I was fascinated with how huge the boats were. I think it would be even better now that I am a little older and can appreciate the history.

Speaking of smoke stacks, I can never prepare myself for the scene in Titanic when the smoke stack falls on the Italian guy. Although I know it is going to happen, I always find myself wishing he could swim away...he never does.

My brother knows how to stack a card deck. This is why I HATE playing Euchre with him. He can deal himself a loaner every time if he wanted...and he won't show my how to do it. I have no idea how he pulls it off--especially since I cut the deck all the time and watch him closely. It is so irritating...and yet I am oddly jealous.

As much as I am sure I could ramble on forever, I have to go try to tackle the stack of dishes in the sink and the stack of papers that I have to grade before Thursday.

Until next week!

12 rambled with me...:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my, you really got the stacks going there! Every thinkable stack... I'm impressed :-)

My stack is making me to a couch potato.... *giggles*

Jojo a. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rambler said...

ha ha shan, I got to learn having fun with stacking from you :)

Misty DawnS said...

I LOVED this post - but, ummm, the main thing I got out of this post is that I really need to meet your brother - we are huge euchre/card players in my family.

Misty DawnS said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Siani said...

I could happily demolish a stack of pancakes or cookies right now. Not too keen on the stacks of laundry or dishes waiting for me, though!

Barb said...

Way to go, Shan! That's a LOT of stacks in your post!

I like euchre, too.. but only on the computer. :)

Anonymous said...

wow, your post is stacked with stacking! I love it--great job.

Shan said...

Dang...I'm at work and the whole post explodes :-)

Thanks to all for stopping by...I will be making my blogging rounds later this evening.

Misty: If you could learn how to stack the deck from him, you'll have to let me in on the secret. He won't tell me!

Siani: Crap! I forgot I, too, have a stack of laundry. Ick.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my stack post :-)

Awww, how awfully nice of you to put up the button promoting our cyber Halloween Party, you're heartly welcome to join us :-)

It would be even better if you could make a link from that button back to lifecruiser.com, so that other curious bloggers can hop over to us and get all the information about it.

(The schedule may be updated later on :-)

Let's have some cyber fun!!!!!

Shan said...

I will gladly put a link in! Thanks!

Andree said...

You got a good post here: there are so many stacks! I couldn't think and finally just entered "stack" into iPhoto and looked at what came up!