CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 15, 2007

Star Wars

I am a Star Wars fan. I am proud to admit that--but let me clarify that I am a fan of the REAL Star Wars--not the new ones that came out. I have watched them, but the acting is exceptionally bad and the storylines weak at best. I see what Lucas was trying to do, but it didn't work for me--and many things don't line up with the original (for example, in Return of the Jedi, Leia mentions that she remembers her mother but she died when she was really young--in the new Star Wars, Padme dies right after giving birth to Luke and Leia, so Leia could not remember her real mother).

I digress...

I was watching Return of the Jedi this afternoon--enjoying myself, actually, since it has been so long since I have seen this one. I got a little teary when Darth Vader asks Luke to take off the mask so he can see him with his own eyes. I got a little tearier (if that is a word) when Darth says that Luke has saved him. Luke returns to the celebration and greets his sister and hugs everyone and then he looks over to see Obi Wan, Yoda and...wait...what the hell? Hayden Christensen? What the hell? He wasn't in the original...how dare they mess with the end of this classic film to match up with the inferior and infuriating prequels? Where is Sebastian Shaw? The ORIGINAL Anakin Skywalker???

Arg.

Shame on you, George Lucas--shame on you for changing your film to meet the needs of today's generation...what about the generation who grew up with Luke, Leia, Han and Chewbacca? What about those of us who revisit this film and find ourselves asking "WHAT THE HELL????"

Shame on you.

0 rambled with me...: